Enable nutrients, components and allergens
for a database
To select the nutrients, components and allergens that you want enabled
for this database:
- On the File
menu, click Database Properties.
- Click the Nutrients
& Components tab.
- Set Show Components to all nutrients available in FoodWorks.
- Select or de-select the check boxes
as required for the nutrients components and allergens that you want to use.
- Click OK
to apply the changes and close the dialog.
to apply changes and continue using the dialog.
Different data sources supply data for different sets
of nutrients. If you enable a nutrient for
which no data is available in your selected data sources, then
question marks (?) will be displayed in analyses of documents you create
from this point.
To see the nutrients and components available in a particular data source, see View the nutrients available for a data source.
- You can use this feature to enable nutrients for
which you can supply the data,
when the data is not available in the selected data sources.
- The set of nutrients and components that are pre-selected by FoodWorks depends on the
type of database that you have created.
- By default, Show Components is set to found in one or more selected data sources. This setting shows the nutrients and components for which there is data in at least one of the selected data sources.
- An asterisk (*) in front of the name of a nutrient or component (e.g. *Lead) means that this nutrient has previously been selected but would otherwise not be visible based on the Show Components setting.
- To go straight to a particular group of nutrients
or components, in the Category box
on the left, click a category e.g. Vitamins.
- To display the definition of a nutrient, in the
Nutrients & Components list,
click the nutrient. The definition is displayed on the right.