Set the advanced properties for a label
To set advanced properties (such as Country of Origin or Shelf Life) for the label of a recipe:
- Open the recipe.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Label.
- Click the Advanced
- Set the properties as described below.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Save.
- Country of Origin—Select or type the name of the country then from the associated drop-down list, select the statement you require.
- Net Weight —Weight of the package contents in grams.
- Shelf Life —A period of days that a product can remain marketable. Used in conjunction with the Date Marking field. See below.
- Date marking— Select either Use By or Best Before (or select the dash - if you do not wish to show a date marking). For the purposes of previewing a date in the Label Window, the Use By/Best Before date is calculated by adding the number of days in Shelf Life to the current day. If you leave the Shelf Life field empty, a question mark is displayed.
- Secondary shelf life—Use for additional shelf life statements e.g. "after opening" statements. This information is not displayed on the label in FoodWorks but can be published using the Publish Labelling Information command.
- Show per Serving column—By default FoodWorks displays the per
Serving column as mandated by the food
standards code. In some cases you might not wish to display this column,
for example, when supplying a raw material to another food company.
- Show Serving Size—Shows the serve size on the label. Set the
Serve Size on the Ingredients tab of the recipe in the Serve Weight/Number
of Serves box.
- Show Servings Per Package—Shows the serves per pack on the label.
Set the Serves per pack on the
Ingredients tab of the recipe
in the Serves/Pack box.
Set options for advanced properties