Set the characterising ingredients and components
for a label
To set characterising ingredients and components for the label of a recipe:
- Open the recipe.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Label.
- Click the Ingredients
- To select characterising ingredients,
in the Characterising Ingredients box, click the ingredients.
- In the Characterising Components box, click the characterising components.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Save.
- In the Ingredient Groups box, if there are no ingredient groups shown, then none of the ingredients used for this recipe have been assigned to an ingredient group. You can assign an ingredient to a group when setting its Label Declaration—see Declare an ingredient as a compound ingredient, Declare an ingredient as a simple ingredient, or Declare an ingredient as a reconstituted ingredient.
- The Characterising Ingredients box lists all the ingredients used in this recipe or sub-recipe. If you set an ingredient as a characterising ingredient, its percentage weight is shown in the nutrition label for the recipe.
- In the Characterising Components box, if
there are no characterising components shown, you need
to enable them for the database. On the File
menu, click Database Properties,
then click the Nutrients & Components
tab. In the Groups box, click
Characterising Components. Then
in the Nutrients & Components box, click the characterising components
you wish to enable. Click OK
- In the ingredient
statement, the % weight of the characterising ingredient is displayed
in parentheses beside it. For example, if you set strawberry,
raw (which is 10% of the weight of the product) as a characterising
ingredient, it will appear in the ingredient statement as Strawberries
- If an ingredient
in the ingredient statement has an asterisk (*) following it, this alerts you to the
likelihood that this AusNut Category 1 food may in fact be a compound
- For more options for characterising ingredients, see Set options characterising components.
Set options for characterising components