Declare the presence of allergens
To declare the presence of allergens and set warning or advisory statements for a document:
- In the open document, click the Nutrients & Components or Overrides tab.
- On the left, click the category that you wish to work with—Warning Statements, Advisory Statements, or Allergens.
- For Warning Statements and Advisory Statements, click in the Override
column and select either Yes or No.
- Click the down arrow to move to the next and continue to set the status for all the warning and advisory statements.
- For Allergens, click in the Override column and select one of Yes, No, or Maybe.(Yes generates a Contains statement, Maybe a May contain statement)
- Click the down arrow to move to the next allergen and continue to set the allergen status for all the allergens.
- Optionally, type a note in the Notes
- If you do not set the status for all the allergens and warning and advisory statements shown, then FoodWorks displays warnings at the bottom of the document pane.
- If you do not see warning statements, advisory statements or the allergens you require on the Nutrients & Components or Overrides tab then these need to be enabled for this
database—see Enable nutrients, components
and allergens for a database.
- Recipes inherit the allergen declarations set
in their ingredients. You can override any allergen values set in the
ingredients of a recipe by setting the allergen declarations on the Overrides tab in the recipe itself.
- To control how allergens are displayed in the labels for this database, see Set advanced label properties for ingredients and allergens.
A document tab can be hidden or have a different name depending on the document template used. For example, the Nutrients & Components tab might be called Nutrients; or the Notes tab, Remarks. For more information
on document templates, see What is a document template?